Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Here's to you: #3

He really annoyed me.
I broke his trucks.
He got me in trouble.
We got in fights.
I bit him.
He pulled a pencil out of my mouth.
I got braces.
He was annoying!
I told my parents I hated him.
My mom asked if she should take him back to the hospital.
I hesitated.
"No...No...you and Daddy still love him!"
He always played on the computer or played video games.
"Scarlett, do you want to play?"
"No. Leave me alone!"
(Okay, maybe I was a little bit mean.)
And then he grew up.
It was around when I was 16 and he was 14.
We started relating to each other.
We could actually...talk.
He's now my best friend.
We tell each other stories.
We hang out.
We rap to Lil Wayne while driving around.
We laugh at stupid YouTube videos.
We have "The Hangover" movie watching nights.
We kill zombies...on COD.
We come to each other for advice. (Well mostly me to him. Weird? Maybe.)
We tell each other everything.
We have each others backs.
And I have to admit...I admire him.
He is an example to me.
He is mature beyond his age. (Usually. And not only in appearance.)
He is honest and loyal and trustworthy.
He is so talented.
This weekend he went to prom.
I was so excited for him. He's all grown up.
Seeing him looking all sharp in his tux made me realize.
How proud I am of him, and the person he's become.
How responsible he is.
How I never have to worry about him getting into trouble, or making a bad choice.
How sometimes he puts me to shame. (Sometimes, I think my parents like him more. :P)
How I know we'll always be close even when we grow up.
How I'm glad that I'm able to not only have a brother, but a best friend.
So here's to you,
Salud!

No comments:

Post a Comment